If you are the friend or family member of someone in need of relief from a substance use disorder or a problem gambling addiction, please call the state’s toll-free, 24-hour, 7-day a week HOPEline, 1-877-8-HOPENY, staffed by trained clinicians ready to answer your questions, help refer loved ones to treatment and provide other vital resources to facilitate that first step into recovery.
St. Christopher’s Inn
Walter Hoving Home
Friends of Recovery Putnam is comprised of Putnam County community members who are in recovery from alcohol and substance use disorders, their family members, and allies. Our mission is to promote a positive view of recovery, and to reduce stigma.
For a copy of the Family to Family resource guide, click here.
National Council on Problem Gambling
New York Council on Problem Gambling (NYCPG)
New York State Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
Friends of Recovery (FoR-NY) New York
Safe Harbor Compulsive Gambling Hub
- http://www.ny-aa.org/ English & Spanish
- http://www.al-anon.alateen.org AI-Anon
- http://www.coaf.org The Children of Alcoholics Foundation
- http://www.na.org Narcotics Anonymous
- http://www.ca.org Cocaine Anonymous
- http://www.ma-newyork.org Marijuana Anonymous
- http://www.oa.org Overeaters Anonymous
- http://www.nicotine-anonymous.org Nicotine Anonymous
- http://www.gam-anon.org Gamblers Anonymous
- http://www.familiesanonymous.org/ Families Anonymous – Recovery Fellowship
- http://www.nar-anon.org/naranon/ Nar-Anon Family Groups – World Services, Inc.
- http://www.smartrecovery.org/ SMART Recovery – Self Management for Addiction Recovery
Narcan is the brand name for naloxone, an opioid antagonist medication used to reverse the effects of opioid overdose. When somebody overdoses on an opioid drug like heroin or prescription painkillers, the drug depresses the respiratory and central nervous systems, disrupting breathing and potentially leading to death.
- Christopher’s Inn
- To register, call Rob Casasanta at 845-335-1035 or email email@example.com
- Arms Acres/DCIOBY/Putnam Communities That Care
- To RSVP for training contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- To find other NYS training sessions visit OASAS Addiction Treatment Center oasas.ny.gov/atc/ATCherointraining.cfm
The Good Samaritan law went into effect in September 2011. It allows citizens who have been trained to administer NARCAN (Naloxone) to someone who has overdosed from an opiate. NARCAN reverses the overdose temporarily to allow time for the person to get medical attention. NARCAN saves lives!
Additionally, the Good Samaritan law will protect you from being arrested for misdemeanor drug possession if you call for help for a medical emergency.
To see full brochure click here.
- www.theantidrug.com National Youth Anti-Drug Campaign
- www.family.samhsa.gov Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- www.timetotalk.org The Partnership for a Drug Free America
- www.drugfree.org/notinmyhouse The Partnership for a Drug Free America
- www.teens.drugabuse.gov National Institute on Drug Abuse
- www.hip.midhudson.org Mid Hudson Library System
- www.abovetheinfluence.com Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Putnam County Crisis Hot Line 845-225-1222
- www.putnamcountyny.gov Putnam County Departments and Services
- www.putnamcountymadd.org Putnam County Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
- Putnam Area Therapists Visit here here/li>
- www.oasas.ny.gov New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
- Synthetic Drug Hotline 1-888-99-SALTS (1-888-997-2587) Visit here
- http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov Office of National Drug Control Policy
230 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Tel: (845) 485-9700
- www.nida.nih.gov National Institute on Drug Abuse
- www.drugfree.org The Partnership for a Drug Free America
- www.niaaa.nih.gov National Institute on Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism
- www.SAMHSA.org Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- www.SAMHSA.org Provider Directory-National Resources
- www.oasas.state.ny.us NYS Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services
- www.combatheroin.ny.gov Combat Heroin and Prescription Drug Abuse
- www.oasas.ny.gov OASAS Provider Directory
- www.asapnys.org Association of Substance Providers of New York State
- www.ncadd.org National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc.
- www.casacolumbia.org News/research site
- www.jointogether.org News/research site
- www.monitoringthefuture.org Data site
- www.drugcrisisinourbackyard.com Community site