The Prevention Council of Putnam, Inc. (PCoP) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization founded in 1985. The Council was established to meet the growing need for Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug (ATOD) prevention and education services in Putnam County. PCoP is certified by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services to provide prevention and education to businesses, community organizations, schools and agencies.
Our mission is to promote education and awareness related to substance use disorders and problem gambling to the residents of Putnam County and the surrounding area, by providing the community with up to date information and services related to prevention, treatment and recovery.
The Prevention Council of Putnam aspires to be recognized as the premier alcohol and other drug resource center, offering guidance, information and education to the community. In order to reduce stigma, the Council strives to provide hope, help and healing, and prevent and reduce alcohol and other substance use disorders and problem gambling.
Meet the Board of Directors
- Michael Simone, President
- Thomas Jacobellis, Esq., Vice President
- John Mulreany, Treasurer
- Ruth Greenfield, Secretary
- John Bourges, RN, CCRN, CEN
- Joseph Charbonneau, Esq.
- Sarena Chisick, RN
- Alex DiVernieri, Jr.
- Christopher Maher, Esq.
- Marianne Taylor-Rhodes, RN, MS, CASAC
- Dennis Ullman
- William Wilkens
- Kristin McConnell, M.S., CPP, Executive Director
- Lucy Guarino, CASAC, CARC, Office Manager
- Bruce Edward Kelly, Esq., Coalition Coordinator
- Doreen Lockwood, CASAC, CARC, Project Coordinator
- Timothy Stefanik, CASAC-T, CARC, CRPA, Peer Advocate
- Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (ASAP) of New York State
- Community Anti-Drug Coalition of America
- Comprehensive Care Network of the Hudson Valley
- Councils on Addictions of New York State
- Friends of Recovery Putnam
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc.
- Putnam Communities that Care Coalition